These are a few of my favorite (raw) things [30 Days in the Raw, Day 12]
One of my all-time favorite styles of lunch is to have an antipasto style salad. Yum. A delightful realization on this 30-day raw challenge is that a raw plate of such delights is a delicious and easy way to have a raw lunch.
Here’s what I had the other day:
- two pieces of smoked salmon (smoked is still raw, and I’m using not heated over 117˚F as my definition of raw… there are purists out there who would say raw is RAW – as in, pretty much nothing done to it, but that’s going over the top for me) sprinkled with dill
- a few raw sea crackers (recipe in our Naked Foods Cookbook, using the dehydrator instead of the oven to set the crackers)
- some raw cheese – this is some Roquefort and Appenzeller
- an heirloom tomato, sliced with some fresh basil sprinkled on top
- ¼ avocado with some olives
- some sliced raw veggies: a carrot, some yellow pepper, and a radish
I drizzled cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil and squeezed some fresh lemon over the whole thing and called it lunch!
Simple and utterly delicious!
What’s your favorite raw lunch?
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only ever recommend or link to a product I have direct experience with and love!
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.