Where and how to buy essential oils
I have recently started using a lot of essential oils in our home. I had heard good things for a long time, and now that I’ve finally dug in to give them a try, I am so impressed. It’s one of those “why did it take me so long to figure this out?” kind of things. But better late than never, right?
I’ve been using essential oils to boost my family’s immune system through cold and flu season, for calming at the end of a busy day, in the DIY beauty products I’ve started playing around with, and as a go-to natural remedy for the miscellaneous little things that happen in the course of a day.
If you’ve found your way here, this means you’re looking to buy an essential oil to make something or to stock up your family’s natural medicine kit. The oils I highly recommend come from Young Living.
Why Young Living essential oils?
You all know me well enough by now to know that I take quality very seriously. I take great care to source my family’s food from local farmers working in harmony with mother nature and following sustainable practices. This has taught me the value of knowing where my food comes from. Well, the same goes for essential oils. Young Living offers this promise – they own their farms and they run a very tight supply chain. I trust their essential oils above all others because they are pure, unadulterated, and manufactured for therapeutic use, not just for smell. And, I’ve had exceptional results from them, which in my mind is the most important thing.
So how do I order Essential Oils?
Now before you go running, I want to be straight up: I’m not trying to recruit you into some weird essential oils cult. Not at all. I’m not looking for “business builders” and I’m not going to start sending you pressure-filled emails about building downlines.
Here’s the deal – I’m not building an essential oils business, but I get them at this discounted price and I want to offer it to you as well. So when I say wholesale I mean just that: you get the products at a 24% discount. Period. End of story. No obligations, no requirements to sell, no requirements to do a single other thing. I’ve explained how to sign up for a wholesale account below.
Retail – more expensive
Now that I’ve tried to talk you out of buying retail, really there’s nothing wrong with it. You just spend more (24% to be exact). But if that sounds cleaner and easier, click here, and select “Retail Customer”.
Also… why buy straight from the source
I’m a big fan of going straight to the source when you’re buying something as important as essential oils. You might see them for sale on Amazon or eBay, but there is no way of knowing if those oils are authentic and unadulterated. I just like to go straight to the source and be done with it. It comes down to trust and I trust Young Living completely.
Okay, so I like the sound of a 24% discount… Is it complicated to become a wholesale member?
Let’s recap. The way to get a 24% discount on all your oils is to become a wholesale member, which is essentially opening a wholesale account with the option to sell to others if you choose to (there is NO obligation to do ANY of that). Just think of it like joining a buying club like Costco.
I can hear your thoughts from here: But “member” sounds like there will be strings attached! A responsibility to sell, or “distribute” these products. Not so. As a member of this club you only have to agree to order a minimum of $50 per YEAR. That’s it! One bottle of Thieves Oil costs $44 Retail. That same bottle is only $33 through the wholesale club. If you bought only that and one other item in a year you would hit your minimum.
Okay, let’s do this. Sign me up!
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to sign up to be a distributor.
1. Click over to the sign-up page.
2. Select “Sign up as: Young Living Wholesale Member”
3. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be filled in for you. But if not, enter 1586131 in both boxes.
4. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info. (The reason you are asked to list your social security number is for tax purposes. If you decide you actually DO want to sell these oils, and If you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. Young Living will never share this info with anyone.)
5. Create your password and pin, which you will use to log in to your account and order your oils.
6. Select your enrollment order. This is where you can specify which starter kit you would like. You have three options, which start at $40 and go up from there. You only need to spend $40 to get the 24% discount, but I’ll tell you hands down the Premium Kit is the way to go. It’s what I got, and I love it. Here’s why: it gives you 11 essential oils – the most commonly used oils – as well as a diffuser, roller attachment, and a bunch of samples. In total, a $300 value for $150. Crazy good deal.
Important Note – you must sign up with one of these kits to become a distributor. This is mandatory. To maintain your 24% discount going forward, you only need to spend $50 worth each subsequent year with Young Living on any product in their store. That’s it! You can also purchase other items at this time if you wish.
7. Set up your *optional* Essential Rewards Program (ER).
Now don’t be confused by this next step. Buying one of the Essential Rewards (ER) kits is not a requirement to sign up as a distributor! This is a rewards program you can opt into to start earning money back to help pay for your oils. At this point, you can skip this step by selecting: ‘No, thank you. I plan on enrolling in the Essential Rewards Program later’. If one of the ER kits looks valuable to you then by all means get one in addition to your starter kit but please understand that you cannot buy an ER kit in lieu of a starter kit. This program is the most economical way to purchase your oils and other products.
If you decide that this is something you are interested in, select the kit from the listed options that you would like to ship in your first Essential Rewards order. (Despite what they imply – you will not receive this kit every month – you can change the products from month-to-month through your Virtual Office for each ER order and you only need spend $50 a month to remain in the program – the longer you remain in the program the more points you will receive to help pay for your oils.). Then, you will also need to select a ship date. (This is the day each month when you order will go out. I recommend writing this down on your calendar so you don’t accidentally order the same thing twice.)
7. Agree to Terms & Conditions
8. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. I have had many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out. To confirm, the tool will log you in and it will show you your order again and it will make you enter in your payment information again. Make sure you don’t miss this step, because without it you won’t get your oils!
That’s it- congratulations! You will receive a confirmation email– you can log into your back office right away to manage orders.
Premium Kit Details
The Premium Starter Kit includes:
- 10 5-mL bottles of the must-have essential oils including: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, Copaiba, Thieves, Purification, RC and DiGize. These are the oils we use in our home All. The. Time. I make sure we are always in supply – that’s how much I use them.
- Your choice of home diffusers.
- AromaGlide Roller Fitment (to turn any oil into a roll on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (this is an anti-oxidant rich drink which is a great supplement for energy)
- Loads of sample bottles (great to pop in your purse or share with friends)
This is a total value of $320 for only $160! That’s a whoppin’ 50% off!
Questions? Please feel free to contact me directly at margaret at eatnakednow dot com. I’ll make every effort to respond within 2 business days, and sooner if possible.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only ever recommend or link to a product I have direct experience with and love!
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.